Friday, November 13, 2020

Anthony Pappalardo #9.




"John Cardiel is definitely one of my favorites. Tony Trujillo is sick, too. I never got to skate tranny until like three years ago, but seeing those guys skate just gets me hyped - even though I won't go hit up some gnarly cement park or something. It pumps me up to skate street or whatever. It's just raw skating."

Pops was on fire in 2002. I couldn't decide which ad to use so I went with both. The nollie frontside noseslide is sick. After rewatching his parts in Mosaic and Transworld's I.E. video yesterday, it is easy to see how he draws inspiration from Cards and TNT.


The Match Guy graphic is a nice tip of the hat to Duane Pitre's Flame Man graphic from 1992.

The switch frontside boardslide sequence is by Ben Colen. The nollie frontside noseslide sequence is by Shawn "Frankie" Brodsky. The background photo is by Jon McGrath.

For the quote: Skateboarder - December 2002 Volume 12 Number 4

Switch front board: Transworld - February 2002 Volume 20 Number 2

Nollie front nose: Transworld - October 2002 Volume 20 Number 10

Pitre Flame Man: Transworld - February 1993 Volume 11 Number 2

No comments: