Thursday, November 12, 2020

Jason Dill #17.



"Here comes Dill with another pair of sunglasses. The dash of the car is usually a shrine made from truck stop paraphernalia. He won't hesitate to show up at the car with a pen that looks like a finger, and when you pull on it a roaring fart noise comes out. I remember at the end of most trips, when we'd stop by Alien Workshop, he'd give Chris Carter the most random stuff he had bought on the trip." - Bill Strobeck

Dill has got a good ollie, especially off flat. He's popped over more than a few big things during the course of his career. The quote is from a trip Jason went on with Bill in Florida during the filming of Skate More at the tail end of 2004.

Congrats to O on scoring a pro board from Foundation.

Mike O'Meally took the photos of Jason and Jon McGrath contributed the Day Dream picture.

For the quote: The Skateboard Mag - June 2005 Issue 15

Transworld - September 2002 Volume 20 Number 9

1 comment:

Justin said...

I initially thought this was going to be the 3,000 post until I rechecked the counter. It's 2,991. Blogspot has a couple subtleties with how it counts that I didn't notice at first when I saw the number creeping up on 3,000. There are five posts on here that do not count as content so I had to account for those, too. Anyway, I've got the numbers figured out now and this will hit MMM in early December.

This article in The Skateboard Mag has a bunch of Strobeck quotes about Dill so I can completely justify the next three or four posts of him in the future.