Friday, November 6, 2020

Peter Ramondetta #4.




The Custom Series.

I got a request for this board series a while back. Check out the sizes on the boards. Most of them are fairly skinny and short, with Max having the only 8" x 32". The skinny widths I understand, but three are under 31.5" in length, which seems too short. I vaguely remember how it was a little difficult to find larger boards back in the early 2000s, but I didn't recall boards this small as the norm.

Notes: A picture taken from a slightly different angle of Peter's kickflip was used in a Circa ad. The double letter e in Keith's name occurred in the catalog with how the bleed and the binding interacted. I did piece together two scans, but that one isn't on me.

The kickflip photo is by Gabe Morford.

Boards: Deluxe Spring 2003 Catalog

Pete's Geo: Thrasher - April 2003 Volume 23 Number 4

4 comments:

Justin said...

In case the sizes are hard to read, here they are:

Field: 7.5" x 31.75"
Nate: 7.63" x 31.44"
Huf: 7.68" x 31.38"
Busenitz: 7.75" x 31.375"
Max: 8" x 32"

Also seems like 31.38" and 31.375" are the exact same, one is rounded to two decimal places and the other isn't.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this. I have the Huf hanging in my garage. The pics don’t do them justice, the stains are much brighter and the graphics look like hand laid pinstripes.

Justin said...

You're welcome. That's cool. It's a neat series.

The Deluxe catalog is super nice. They printed it on better quality paper with perfect binding and it looks great. My scanner is getting old so the catalog scan lost something along the way.

Anonymous said...

Those are very narrow decks for today’s standard