Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Jeron Wilson & Jeff Klindt.



RIP Jeff Klindt: 8/20/1965 - 1/20/2004

Jeron throws down some early 1990s tech with a 5-0 to switch crooks and a switch 360 flip. I'm a fan of Jeron and this is some of the first coverage he would have gotten.

I was a freshman in college when this ad came out. I always thought Jeff's little story about the Real team squeezing into one apartment was hilarious. One of my friends would read my Thrashers for the music news and he thought it was funny, too. He especially liked how it ended with "life is good" to positively summarize the experience of getting kicked out.

Thrasher - November 1992 Volume 12 Number 11

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My favorite Real ad is the one where they show all the team riders' teeth. I just remember being stunned at how bad Shawn Mandoli and Edward Devera's teeth were. I think Jeron had the best set of teeth.

justin said...

That one was too dark to scan and it wouldn't turn out good. Otherwise I'd put it up.

Old School Sammy said...

That's a great ad, good post, with an awesome story!

We all have landlord stories, most never end well....

jeremy said...

Good one, another I had forgot, so funny and ahead of its time.
Real always had some of the best ads and ideas, think Jim Thiebaud monkey wrench in gears of society or the hanging klansman, classics

JNH said...

I kind of miss the days when a single page ad would have two sequences in it, especially two from the same spot! Plan B should get all retro and stuff some ads with multiple super-tech sequences of P-Rod and PJ. Maybe shoot 'em on video and use screen caps.