Monday, May 9, 2011

Tim Brauch #12.



Do you have San Jose pride?

Yeah, it's fun. I guess there are a lot of places here that are really good for skating. The people are the funnest to hang out with here, too.

Who do you usually skate with?

I skate with Jason Adams, my friend Todd, Simon Woodstock, Jaya.

Lance Dalgart?

Yeah, I skate with Lance. I meet Lance every morning for coffee. I call him up, I'm like his human alarm clock. I wake up super early to start my day for some reason. I always have to be doing something or I'll get all antsy. So I wake him up and we go to coffee at Nordstrom's because it's only 25 cents a cup. We just hang out and talk, and that's how we start our day.

Lance is a nice guy.

I've known him since I was super young. He took me to my first skate spot outside of San Jose. I was just this little skate grommet hanging out at der Wienerschnitzel and he was all, "Do you want to go to the Fish Banks with a bunch of other guys?" It was one of the funnest days skating because I got to venture out of my little area.

*

Remembering Beans.

4/16/1974 - 5/9/1999.

The photo is by Jai Tanju. The interview was with Thomas Campbell.

For the quote: Transworld - November 1994 Volume 12 Number 11

Thrasher - December 1998 Volume 18 Number 12

No comments: