Friday, May 27, 2016

Jake Johnson #3.



Hitting the wall.

One of my friends who moved away was in town about a month ago. We were talking skateboarding and trying to figure out what current pros we liked. We both drew a blank. You keep up with the latest online clips and those are mostly pretty good because everybody rips these days, but it's sort of hard to pick favorites. Everything goes by so fast and there is too much to keep track of. After giving it some thought, I'm a fan of what Jake is doing with the big no complies, the wallrides, and the overall switch savagery.

Have a good holiday on Monday if you get the day off. Vert Is Dead will be back on Monday, June 6th. I need a break. Feel free to leave suggestions in the comments, too.

The photo is by Zach Malfa-Kowalski.

Transworld - October 2011 Volume 29 Number 10

1 comment:

nonickname said...

Johnson seems like a good one, but if I've figured anything out recently its that any time I look up a pro I want to learn more about, I find out they're usually narcissistic/dumb/inane/spoilt/etc so taking a break from any more searches.
Had a Johnson Hexamark sketchbook deck that lasted forever, great shape, dimensions but his quasi deck is nothing like it. its one of only 3 decks I have hanging up as it was the deck that I decided to give skating a real "go" at again, as opposed to just cruising around, last year.