Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Jamie Thomas #8.



"My friend had this tape on tour in Australia, and we listened to it a lot. I heard that song ["Hallowed Be Thy Name"] and thought it was amazing. But that was probably a year or two before the video came out. It's been like that for me with every video. I have a song in my head for ages, then I try to film to the song. Once you find a really epic song, the goal from there is to do it justice."

Mirroring.

Welcome To Hell marked the first appearance of Zero with a quick little commercial for the then clothing company. The clip featured the Chief, Scott Copalman, Adrian Lopez, and Wade Burkitt. Wade's backside lipslide that was used for a Transworld cover was in the segment.

Vert Is Dead will be back on Thursday with the Muska.

For the quote: Skateboarder - March 2008 Volume 17 Number 7

Thrasher - November 1996 Volume 16 Number 11

2 comments:

nonickname said...

Off topic but to the people who say 'popsicle' boards are all the same, here's a big "Nope!". Got my local shop to order a deck for me sight unseen, but thought "same company as before, same dimensions, gotta be the same". Problem was its a team deck as opposed to the pro I had before and its totally different. Concave is different and the nose is a square as those old Vallely barnyard decks, very weird while looking down. I really thought the shapes in house (for same dimensions) would be the same, I guess I didn't really think it through. Oh well I like my sticker job...

will Muska week have a special appearance by Mike V in his defender role?

Justin said...

I could rant forever about the subtle and not so subtle changes in popsicle decks. People don't think they change, but they do. It sucks when a company switches things up about a shape you had been riding and it catches you by surprise. I had that happen back in March.

There's going to be a week of NC Clothing ads at the end of November.