Monday, March 20, 2017

Antonius "Toad" Dintcho #2.



Blood Wizard 5-0.

After Think ceased distribution of Adrenalin, the company went away for a bit before returning with the backing of Chapman. They had the same principal team of Chris Senn, Jaya Bonderov, Toad, and Mike Manzoori. The ams were Jon Miner and Keegan Sauder. The crew kept it going for a year or two before retiring the brand name once and for all.

It appears we've made it to spring. Maybe the freezing drizzle will stop now. It sure doesn't look like lunch break skateboarding is happening today.

The photo is by Bryce Kanights.

Heckler - May 2002 Issue #54

3 comments:

Henry said...

That's some spot. I think I would pass on that one.

nonickname said...

Fully agreed, not generally trying to skate where the risk of 'impalement' would be checked off as "High" on a safety form.

Justin said...

It took me a while to figure out what was going on in this and I'm not sure if I'm right. Toad would have gotten on the block from the launch ramp. I assume he would have landed in the 5-0 since there's probably not enough room to roll and carve into the grind. The landing spot would have been the flat spot a little behind the metal pipes. I wonder if he might just ollied to 5-0 stall. I'd be curious to know if video exists somewhere.