Thursday, July 16, 2020

Jason Bickford.



The unknown.

Jason rode for A1 Meats, Street Rod Clothing, and probably Tracker Trucks since Tracker owned both of those brands. I don't know much else about him. I kept flipping by this ad and finally decided to scan it.

Anybody know what contest this is referring to? I did a little browsing of Transworld last night and I didn't find Jason mentioned in the 1995 contest circuit. My educated guess is that it was one of the European events, although there's a slim chance it might have been Slam City Jam in Vancouver.

I have discovered that I don't have the September 1995 and January 1996 issues of Transworld. They got lost in the mail way back when and I never noticed back when it would have been possible to get replacements from TWS. Whoops.

The photo is by Marc Hostetter.

Transworld - December 1995 Volume 13 Number 12

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes that is actually me. That contest was one in San Diego. I also rode for Vision skateboards and independent trucks at the time. I only found this cause my girlfriend googled me. Lol