Friday, July 10, 2020

Programming Injection.



Skate at night when the sedated robots are watching the television.

Programming Injection was a column by Ed Templeton that ran in Transworld in the 1990s. You youngins might know the name as the title of last year's Toy Machine video. The editors gave Ed two pages each month to do whatever artiness he wanted. I cannot believe I have never scanned one of these before.

What caught my eye about this episode was the photo of Drake Jones. It's kind of an odd pairing with Tony Tieu and Geoff Rowley, but that's sort of how Ed's brain puts things together.

The skate photos are by Atiba Jefferson. Everything else is by Ed.

Transworld - December 1996 Volume 14 Number 12

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would have pegged that Tony Tieu shot for a Santa Cruz ad. And it's a shame that Drake Jones didn't ride for World.

Justin said...

Both of those are really good photos. At least they found their way to print.

Tony should've been the back cover of Thrasher for a Dot ad.

I re-read Drake's interview at the Chrome Ball Incident. He always only ever wanted to ride for Blind. Personally, I'm glad he rode for Real, but I understand his sentiment.