Friday, May 28, 2010

Josh Beagle & Ray Barbee.



The OG Beagle and Ray do some tail skidders. Ray's goofy footed so that really is a switch back tail.

I turned 36 earlier this month. I'm all too aware of the fact that I have a finite number of years left to skateboard where I can ollie up on the big ledges for 50-50s and do nollie flips on flat. Therefore I try to skate as much as I can. Whenever I call my friend Paul in Rochester he always says that he hasn't been skating in forever because he has been running a lot. I bug him that he should be skateboarding since he's only a couple months younger than me. Anyway, all this running is being put to a good use. He's going to run in the Buffalo Marathon on Sunday. Good luck, buddy. I still say you should have been skateboarding instead.

The photos are by Chris Ortiz.

Transworld - September 1993 Volume 11 Number 9

5 comments:

Keith said...

lol

Gotta stay fit one way or another as we age. The older we get, the more muscle mass we lose. I try to golf weekly and try to skate weekly as well but that doesn't always work out because of the weather or random adult things that get in the way. I started the Insanity program 5 weeks ago. That shit is tough. I feel stronger and my endurance has improved and hopefully in the long run it will help my skating and golfing.

smorales said...

urethane bearing covers

Old School Sammy said...

Those wheels are hideous.

Anonymous said...

I'm about to turn 34 in June, and after another winter spent in the gym, I'm back down to my weight when I graduated high school of 160lbs. I didn't skate at all in the winter. It was go to work, and then go to the gym for 1.5 hours; lots of running around the track, and lots of minutes on the recumbent cycle. I feel a lot lighter and I have a lot more stamina. With the lack of skating in the winter, I didn't lose any tricks, though. When I started skating again when the nice weather returned, it all came back quick, and I was so hungry to skate, I learned a bunch of new tricks too.

-Rikku Markka

Justin said...

Paul finished with a time of 4:24:36. He placed 464 overall and 54 out of 86 in the Men 35-39 category.