Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Jason Adams #11.



"There’s something I’ve been thinking about a lot lately and I think it’s especially true with skateboarding: you only remember your best days. Whenever you’re going out to try and recreate those “best” moments, you only remember the good from before. You always seem to forget those previous struggle days where nothing went right. That also means you become all too aware of struggle days you’re currently having and you start to doubt yourself."

The Kid gets philosophical in a recent interview at the Chrome Ball Incident. I'm sure not going to remember what I did yesterday on a skateboard. I landed a no comply over the parking block fairly quickly and decided to do it again because it felt good. It did not happen. Nothing was happening for me. I'm noticing more now that if I'm tired or had a few beers the previous day that skateboarding feels more difficult. I've had a busy few days and can tell I'm worn out. I'm glad it is raining today.

Thrasher - June 1991 Volume 11 Number 6

1 comment:

Justin said...

The full interview:

http://chromeballincident.blogspot.com/2016/08/chrome-ball-interview-95-jason-adams.html