Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Tim Upson.



Upson and Jim Gagne were am and then pro for Black Label. They stuck with the Label during a rough spell in the mid to late 1990s. After John Cardiel left, I think of them as the face of the company. Gagne faded away from pro skateboarding to go to school and learn a trade. Upson split for Anti - Hero and then vanished, possibly due to less than positive reasons.

The photo is by Suaze. No name in the contributing photographer listings matched so I don't know if this is a nickname, a last name or they forgot to put him in.

Slap July 1999 Volume 8 Number 7

2 comments:

fauxsure said...

Hector Suaze, P.Hill801 and Vick Void are all nicknames that Lance Dawes uses on and off.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for clearing that up.

That makes sense. Sometimes Slap did get the random photographer contributions and I wasn't sure if this was a time when they might have forgot to type a name in.

I've been meaning to compile a list of Thrasher writers to figure out which ones are the real names and which ones aren't. I know a couple and I know I've forgotten a couple of others.