Thursday, January 22, 2009

Wade Speyer #3.



Ever wake up thinking it is Saturday and then realize it's only Thursday? I'm not firing on all cylinders today. I mean to keep up with the Epicly Later'd show on Vice, but I'm not always successful. I have seen all the Anthony Pappalardo episodes since there's been a lot of discussion about him and Brian Wenning online lately. I watched Photosynthesis last night. I forgot how good of a video that was. What that has to do with Wade Speyer is beyond me, but next week is probably going to be all Alien Workshop stuff from when they were making Photosynthesis. It is a little hard to believe that was almost ten years ago now. All the old guys, myself included, love the late 80s/early 90s stuff, but I think I like 1998 - 2000 just as much, if not more. Those years had that same type of feel as the late 80s for me because I had met a new group of friends to skate with and there were all sorts of new spots around. The gear was a little more functional, too.* So anyway, it's all good skateboarding whether it is Wade blasting a big air or Pappalardo nollie heelfliping down some stairs.

* Osiris and swishy pants don't count. I seem to remember visors being popular as well. Those don't count either. I wore big ass Plan B shorts in 1992, which means I can pick on any fashion statements I see fit.

Thrasher - September 1990 Volume 10 Number 9

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's an AWESOME looking deck! Wish I had one of those in my collection (or even a re-issue to throw some Six-Tracks and Kryptos on to bomb around town with!)

smorales said...

can't fade wade. Or maybe, wade doesn't fade. Probably both.

Anonymous said...

One of the great ads I remember of Wade was for Vans where he does an Indy nosebone transfer into a bowl. It was a sequence, but the enlarged photo was the nosebone, tweaked as hell. I'd love to see that again.

-Rikku Markka