Thursday, December 4, 2008

Kris Markovich #4.



"On this day two very young girls rode by on a bicycle. They stopped just a few feet away from the gap and tried to steal something from a woman having a yard sale. Kris saved the day and the woman instantly changed her attitude on skateboarding. All of a sudden skateboarding was good and and the two young girls were the criminals. At that moment, one person's view of skateboarding had changed. Technically the photo was chosen for the same reason as Reese's. If you ever get the chance to see Kris skate he'll most likely blow your mind. Kris does bigger shit than anyone, skates faster, and he's definitely not scared. Kris is a good friend whom I also respect greatly."

This photo and caption are by Jamie Mosberg from a feature in Transworld on all their photographers. Each guy got two pages. Mosberg filled his space with photos of Markovich and Reese Simpson. I'll post the Simpson pic tomorrow.

Transworld - March 1993 Volume 11 Number 3

3 comments:

Keith said...

Those Black/Gum Sorry's were awesome. I only ever got my hands on the dull blue ones.

Black/gum is definitely one of my favourite shoe color combos.

Anonymous said...

I had the dull blue ones, too. I liked the Airwalk blue a lot better than today's navy. I have a hang up where I can't wear any shoes that are predominately black or white. A little black and white is OK. I wish more companies had the gum colored soles.

chops said...

just when i thought i'd seen everything, my girlfriend caught Kris on that Food Network show "Ace of Cakes" the other day where the crew baked Kris a cake.

She called me in to watch it and I couldn't believe my eyes... I was half expecting them to announce him as their new teamrider.

So weird.